On-site degauss services
Magnetic materials can become magnetized in all sorts of situations. The Diverse Zeromag ZM100A is the world famous product for solving magnetic arc blow. Using Zeromag, Diverse also provide a general degaussing service.
Diverse personnel have been used to degauss, or as consultants to, pipe laying operations to assist in overcoming magnetic arc blow.
- Steam pipes for conventional and nuclear power stations
- Large gas pipes which have become magnetized in the ground
- Construction of LPG tanks
- Construction of base and legs for wind turbine
- Tie-ins to old pipelines where the old pipe is magnetized
- Recycling incinerator construction
- Pipelines in locations in Africa, Asia, Australia and the middle east
- Smelters in Canada, France, India and Australia
- Weld qualification workshops in Europe and the Middle East
The complexity of the geometry and materials need to be considered. With a variety of potential magnetic paths, parts of the magnetic circuit can be bypassed and consequently can become very difficult to demagnetize.
In some instances it is necessary to fully characterise the materials for their magnetic properties. This information can then be used to set the saturation field, and set the key points in the demagnetization sequence.
Zeromag working with the ZM150 degauss unit is a key tool that can be used for this process. Its fast reaction time and high current capability mean that demagnetization can be accomplished quickly and efficiently.
Please call to discuss your practical project degauss requirements.